Weather, water and other unexpected events emerge during construction and can affect the construction process, the workers and the overall end-product quality if it is not addressed at the outset.
This instructive three-part workshop draws on experts with first-hand experience building with wood in adverse conditions. It brings together manufacturers, installers, a building science engineer and two project managers — all of whom have seen what can go wrong, learned from the experience and addressed how weather challenges can be avoided, damage minimized, mitigated or repaired and, most importantly, avoided in future projects.
Date: Tuesday - Thursday, January 12 - 14th
Time: 10 AM - 12:15 PM PST
Location: Virtual (Reigster here)
Wood WORKS! BC is pleased to announce the presenters:
- Graham Finch, Principal, Senior Building Science Specialist, RDH Building Science Inc.
- Kevin Lankin, Lead Designer, Timmerman Timberworks
- Seth Norris, Wood Specialist, and Patrick Chouinard, Founder, Director of Business Development, Element5 Limited Partnership
- Karla Fraser, Director of Construction, Hive Projects Inc. and Cape Group
- Eben Hamilton, Owner IPD Partnership
- Ralph Austin, President, Seagate Mass Timber
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Contractors, installers, project managers, trades and design teams as well as anyone interested in learning how to install and protect mass timber.